Homecoming Looking Ever Closer
As promised, here is a full update on the works that have been progressing around the ground as it is prepared for the upcoming season, and a return home for the first time for five years. There is still a lot of work to be completed, but great progress has been made over recent weeks and months.
• The new mains feed, which has resulted in a large trench being dug from the main road, has been slightly delayed, but we still anticipate that this will be completed this week. This will then result in the car park being returned to its previous condition.
• A lot of the internal cabling has now been completed, including electrics, data and the feed for the fire alarms. The next stage is the installation of all of the sockets, light switches, data sockets and fire alarm points.
• Internal lighting is on the verge of being installed.
• A large internal circuit board is being installed in the main foyer area, which is large enough to carry the power supply for the whole finished building.
• The plumbing work for the academy area is complete, and installation of the new heating system has commenced. Next up is the hot and cold feeds to the changing rooms and toilets.
• Quotes have been received for the tiling of the changing rooms, showers and canteen area.
• The floodlights have, for the first time since installation, been electrically tested, and zoned correctly so that the light is directed at the correct parts of the pitch. Once the electrical feed is completed, the final installation can be completed, and they can be turned on for the very first time.
• Ducting work and Air Conditioning is now completed for the academy section, which is now awaiting the new water and electric feed.
• The whole ground floor has now had its first coat of paint – this includes the supporters’ bar area.
• The final parts of the perimeter fence are now close to completion – the last part of this is the emergency exit gates at each end of the pitch, and the final sections.
• The pitch side fence and drainage is now complete.
• Walkways around the pitch are now being levelled and re-stoned, in readiness for a layer of tarmac.
• All six staircases in to the main stand are now in place, and are now awaiting the installation of the handrails.
• The pitch is getting its first treatment of the summer, with a feed and water to prepare it for its first proper use.
• The body of the two sets of turnstiles, one at each end of the ground, are built – the roof sections are in production, and will be installed this month.
• The external doors for the main building are all produced, and are ready for fitment.
• The entrance foyer is going to be altered from the original design. Originally, a large glass entrance was envisaged, but this is being revised to include a canopy and sliding doors. This aspect may not be in place for the beginning of the season, and once the building is enclosed and secure, the existing Warren Suite will be demolished.
As the new season approaches, regular updates will continue.