Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Harrow Borough 1
The few in attendance at Beaconsfield Road on Monday night witnessed a good competitive MFA Under 23 Premier League fixture between United and our visitors Harrow Borough on the 3G training pitch with a late strike in each half seeing the points shared at full-time.

United were out of the blocks quickly and should have taken the lead within 30 seconds when skipper Eze Williams crossed deep from the left side, the arriving Keano Robinson heading wide from close range with the Borough ‘keeper static.

As the game approached the ten minute mark another chance came United’s way as Argjend Ahmetaj broke forwards from the midfield area and slid the ball through to Great Evans, the United striker outpaced Ryan Durrant only to see his effort blocked away by Borough stopper Keval Patel.

Patel was again needed ten minutes later when Ahmetaj raced past Durrant and got a shot in but again Patel did well to block away his effort.

By the forty minute mark, the visitors had seen a lot of the ball without really putting the United defence under too much pressure, five minutes before the break though, former United favourite Dylan Kearney broke away towards the United box but was chased down by Dan Edwards who managed to get it an excellent recovery tackle as the striker was about to shoot, with both player and Borough management screaming at referee Wordsworth for a penalty the ball was clearly won and a corner was correctly awarded.

From the corner that was cleared comfortably, Charlie Burns collected the ball just inside the right hand corner of the Borough box, his dipping shot being well tipped over by Patel. Patel could do nothing however minutes later to deny Burns, the United striker bringing down an centre from the impressive Arale Mohamed before smashing the ball into the roof of the Borough net from 10 yards out.

Both sides came out after the break looking to push forwards as quickly as possible, the first opening coming the way of the visitors a few minutes after the re-start as Tim Kalla played the ball inside to Kearney, his drive from 20 yards being well blocked out by United’s Harvie Gardiner.

Ahmetaj soon tested Patel once more, his angled drive from 20 yards being tipped over by the Borough ‘keeper. The resultant Mohamed corner was met in the middle by Edwards but his header was too high to trouble Patel this time around.

Just before the hour mark the visitors should have pulled level when a neat interchange on the left between Romayn Pennant and Kearney saw the former pick out substitute Elwin Lartey at the far post but as United had in the opening minute, he headed wide with the goal gaping.

Chances for United came and went as the game progressed, Evans saw an effort deflect wide of the target after good build up work by Mohamed and Burns and then Gardiner rose highest to meet another Mohamed corner but was also too high with his header.

The final fifteen minutes really belonged to the visitors. Excellence Muhemba fired into the side netting when well placed and then a Mark McLeod corner picked out Durrant at the far post but once again a player failed to hit the target from just a few yards out, the defenders header going wide of the target.

Evans did get through again for United to collect a Iury Sousa pass but Patel got down quickly to block the initial shot with Evans rebound effort going wide off a defender.

With three minutes to go Borough got the equaliser that on the balance of play they probably deserved, albeit in somewhat controversial circumstances as a long ball up to Muhemba saw the ball appear to be controlled by the players hand before he smashed it past Luke Daley in the United goal.

During the seven minutes of stoppage time played, a couple more chances came forth without success. Kearney curled a free-kick from just outside the box past the wall and thankfully past the near post and then with almost the last kick of the game, Evans worked his way into a shooting chance inside the box with some nifty footwork only to once again be denied by Patel who blocked his effort away and at full-time it was points shared but for the visitors it was their first points dropped as they had won the previous three.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Arale Mohamed.

Hayes & Yeading United
Harrow Borough
Luke Daley

Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 1-1

Referee: Mr C Wordsworth

Attendance: 20ish


Hayes & Yeading United:
Burns (45)

Harrow Borough:
Muhemba (87)

Keval Patel
Keano Robinson
Ryan Durrant
Harvie Gardiner
Romayn Pennant
Rory Dacosta
Jemel Laazizi
Dan Edwards
Tommy Cole
Dillan Stephenson
© Mark McLeod
Arale Mohamed
Bayley Brown
Eze Williams ©
Dylan Kearney
Great Evans
Tim Kalla
Charlie Burns
Jayden Walker
Argjend Ahmetaj
Emmanuel Sholola
Travis Watt
Eric Sowanola (for Sholola, 54)
Carlito Scarborough-Williams(for Dacosta, 54)
Elwin Lartey (for Durrant, 54)
Iury Sousa (for Krajkova, 77)
Ryan Cauldwell (for Kalla, 68)
Rubik Krajkova (for Burns, 63)
Excellence Muhemba (for Walker, 54)
Rashid Enayat
Warren Gladdy
Powerday SkyEx Island Exhibitions Surridge iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy The FA Charter Standard Club